|IBBY-Asahi Reading Promotion Award 2010
THE JORDI SIERRA I FABRA LITERATURE WORKSHOP FOUNDATION FOR LATIN AMERICA (Medellín, Colombia)
The Fundación Taller de Letras Jordi Sierra i Fabra (Jordi Sierra i Fabra Literature Workshop Foundation) for Latin America is a non-profit organization based in Medellin that intends to encourage reading and literary creation by means of awareness, training and research programmes. It develops reading and writing projects to improve the standard of living of children and youngsters in a vulnerable social situation.
For boys and girls who want to grow as readers
- First letters: a workshop to encourage reading for the younger ones.
- A workshop to create and illustrate tales.
- Storytelling: a reading club in English.
- Meeting authors and graphic illustrators of children´s literature.
- Workshops to encourage reading.
For youngsters who want to explore new ways of reading and writing
- Young letters: Meeting of young creators with publishers, writers and literary workshop monitors.
- A town to read: city tours and reading workshops at different cultural spots in the city.
- Written page: Information and orientation for young creators (meetings, grants, competitions, workshops).
- Jordi Sierra i Fabra Literary Prize for young writers.
- Workshops on reading and literature creation.
- Seminars on cinema, music and literature.
For teachers and reader monitors who are looking for new ideas
- Lectures and workshops on the training of readers at home, at school at libraries.
- Didactic seminars on strategies for the promotion and encouragement of reading.
- Seminar on the analysis and systematization of experiences in the encouragement of reading.
- Courses and workshops on children's and youngsters´ literature.
For institutions committed to the training of readers
- Organizing cultural events and anniversaries in relation with books and reading.
- Lectures and workshops on the promotion and encouragement of reading.
- Consulting and aiding in the design of official plans, programmes and projects to encourage reading.
- Consulting aid for the selection of reading texts.
- Classification and categorization of reading texts.
The Fundación Taller de Letras Jordi Sierra i Fabra para Latinoamérica is managed by:
Juan Pablo Hernández - Director
Tatiana María Jaramillo - Project coordinator
And its addres is:
Calle 53, nº45-64, Oficina 203 (Edificio Thunapá), Medellín (Colombia)
Telefax: (574) 511.20.60